Monday 10 April 2017

the silence we have given each other today

as i step into the print shop busy with something on my phone
i notice the young lady behind the counter also 
tapping away on her phone
it has been an overwhelming day for me 
and from the tired look in the lady's eyes 
it seems she's also had a tough day
in that moment i know i cannot 
overwhelm her with my overwhelmedness
i put my phone away
forget about the prints i want done
and tell her not to worry about helping me
i will just stand here in front of her
demanding nothing
just our silence
at first she looks a bit dazed
i simply keep quiet and hold her in my eye
within a few moments she gets what i am doing
and also puts away her phone
and just looks at me
people coming in appear awkward
to witness this silent interaction
a serene smile starts to tingle on our lips
we keep our composure
relishing the silence we have given each other today

No comments:

Post a Comment