Thursday 22 April 2021

the stone and the hand

i

my mind wraps itself around
that promised stone
my skin already reaching out with
every finely-tuned and hungry nerve
smelling its wildly chiseled shape

for this moment my hands are knotted behind my back 
 - the groping fingers and their neediness too distracting -
i lie quietly enfolding my body around the stone
teaching all my other body parts to intuit
the free-fall, the wind-roll of the stone

not asking questions, like which direction, why and how?
simply rolling, tumbling, crashing with
the winds and the tides

ii

as i fall off to sleep my body turns into 
a single small open hand

your body turns into 
that single small sunbaked stone

stone rolls into small open hand
     hand holds stone
         till the morning sun splinters 
                the horizon into crumbling honeycombs

No comments:

Post a Comment